Pinnacle Performance are recruiting a full-time Senior Strength & Conditioning Coach
Reporting to: Facility Manager
Objectives: Providing the complete athletic preparation for multiple Hong Kong national sports squads, regional and age group teams, youth athletes, client members and other training populations, the incumbent will be responsible for the prescription and delivery of training interventions to a wide range of individuals. As part of Pinnacle’s complete fitness service provisions, along with support and appropriate programme provision to competitive athletes and teams, the incumbent will be exposed to a considerable number of sporting enthusiasts and professionals, and must, therefore, demonstrate excellence and high standards of professional knowledge at all times.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Deliver relevant and scientifically accurate training to ensure physical adaptation for clients;
- Develop and implement the prescription and delivery of complete athletic preparation of the relevant national squads;
- Prescribe and deliver content for daily group classes (GDS);
- Lead the complete athletic development of any additional competing athletes and/or teams including regular feedback to both the team of Strength and Conditioning Coaches and relevant sports coaches;
- Support the Head S&C Coach and other coaches in the programming and prescription of athlete and member development programmes;
- Provide a learning environment for all part-time and junior coaches to develop in, notably regular shared practice, and coach shadowing opportunities;
- Ensure full safety of all training within the gym and during delivery of any off-site supervision;
- Provide a safe and developmental training environment for a mixed clientele of athletes and members within Pinnacle training programmes, including the elderly, disabled, and young athletes.
- A Bachelor Degree in Sports Science or related area, preferably specialising in the area of physical preparation of elite athletes;
- Accreditation in Strength & Conditioning or Exercise Physiology from a recognized international institution (UKSCA, ASCA, NSCA or equivalent).
- Experience of working with young athletes, with additional experience of working with disabled adult populations;
- Experience in the prescription, intervention and delivery of S&C related provision for athletes;
- Experience of collecting and analysing performance and training data and delivering performance specific interventions;
- Experience in the delivery of day-to-day training solutions for beginner gym trainers and / or
- populations requiring specific considerations such as young athletes, the disabled and / or the elderly.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to implement innovative ideas and influence athlete and coach support programmes;
- Ability to communicate complex data in terms that are easily understood by a wide range of audiences;
- Ability to modify strength and conditioning programmes according to the results of assessment data, in conjunction with coaches and other support staff;
- Ability to supervise and where appropriate lead athlete-testing protocols;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to prioritise own workload and that of colleagues;
- Ability to balance conflicting demands and tight deadlines;
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to present in front of large groups;
- Excellent written and verbal English is essential.
- A positive attitude to Information Technology in carrying out the responsibilities of the post;
- Personal commitment to continuous personal professional development;
- Open minded with a view to adopting new practices;
- Highly motivated with a passion for high performance sport;
- Personal integrity and the ability to invoke trust and respect from others;
- Ability to work irregular and unsocial hours as required involving work outside normal office hours, at evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays;
- Ability to travel within the region and possible globally with athletes and teams, including overnight stays;
- This role does involve training, supervising, working with and/or being in sole charge of young people.
APPLICATION & INTERVIEW PROCESS: