Pinnacle Performance are hiring S&C Coaches!
Pinnacle Performance are recruiting a full-time Strength and Conditioning Coach (S&C).
Currently providing the complete athletic preparation for multiple Hong Kong national sports squads, regional and age group teams, youth athletes, client members and other training populations, the successful applicant will be responsible for the prescription and delivery of training interventions to a wide range of individuals. As part of Pinnacle’s complete fitness service provisions, and along with support and appropriate programme provision to competitive athletes and teams, successful applicants will be exposed to a considerable number of sporting enthusiasts and must demonstrate excellence and knowledge for all.
Successful applicants will be included within the Pinnacle coach development model including certifications and course attendance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Deliver relevant and scientifically accurate training to ensure physical adaptation for clients;
- Lead the prescription and delivery of complete athletic preparation of the relevant national squads;
- Prescribe and deliver content for daily group classes (GDS);
- Lead the complete athletic development of any additional competing athletes and/or teams including regular feedback to both the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach and any relevant sports coaches;
- Support the Head Coach and other coaches in the programming and prescription of athlete and member development programmes;
- Provide a learning environment for all part-time and junior coaches to develop in, notably regular shared practice, and coach shadowing opportunities;
- Ensure full safety of all training within the gym and during delivery of any off-site supervision;
- Provide a safe, and developmental training environment for a mixed clientele of athletes and members within Pinnacle training programmes. Notably females, the elderly, disabled, and youth athletes;
HK$25,000 per month.
The successful applicant must demonstrate all of the below essential qualifications and experience with further suitability where desired specifications are also achieved.
- A bachelor qualification in sports science or related area specialising in the area of physical preparation of elite athletes;
- Exercise Physiologist through either British Association of Sport and Exercise Scientists (BASES), or Exercise Sport Science Association (ESSA);
- Experience of working with children and youth athletes.
- Qualification in sports nutrition or related scientific field;
- A postgraduate degree in related field to Strength and Conditioning.
- Experience in the prescription, intervention and delivery of S&C related provision for athletes;
- Experience as an exercise physiologist delivering rehabilitation and assessment protocols on a variety of both clinical and sporting populations;
- Experience in delivering S&C to high performance athletes / teams, demonstrating abilities to collect and analyse performance and training data and deliver performance specific interventions;
- Experience in the delivery of day-to-day training solutions for beginner gym trainers and / or populations requiring specific considerations such as youth athletes, and / or the elderly.
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary Science & Medicine Support Team;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (including presentation skills);
- Strong computer skills, specifically with performance analysis software, player data and testing reporting;
- Experience in the delivery of sport specific athlete preparations, warm ups and match readiness
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to analyse athletes in relation to their strength and conditioning needs. To develop, implement and evaluate strength and conditioning programmes for individual athletes within these sports;
- Experience working within an international setting and with players of non-local origin;
- An understanding of the needs of elite athletes and coaches in a high performance environment;
- A thorough understanding of various sports science and medicine disciplines;
- Excellent anatomical knowledge and the ability to apply this to an elite strength and conditioning setting;
- Knowledge of and ability to teach Olympic lifting techniques and coach all levels of athletes through appropriate derivates of these movements;
- Knowledge of and the ability to construct strength, power and endurance-based training schedules, both gym and field based, with components of testing as required;
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to implement innovative ideas and influence athlete and coach support programmes;
- Ability to modify strength and conditioning programmes according to the results of assessment data, in conjunction with coaches and other support staff;
- Ability to supervise and where appropriate lead athlete-testing protocols;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to prioritise own workload and that of colleagues;
- Ability to balance conflicting demands and tight deadlines;
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills;
- Ability to communicate fluently, in English;
- Ability to communicate complex data in terms that are easily understood by a wide range of audiences;
5. PERSONAL DISPOSITION
- A positive attitude to Information Technology in carrying out the responsibilities of the post;
- Personal commitment to continuous personal professional development;
- Open minded with a view to adopting new practices;
- Highly motivated with a passion for high performance sport;
- Personal integrity and the ability to invoke trust and respect from others;
6. OTHER CONSIDERATIONS
- Ability to work irregular and unsocial hours as required involving work outside normal office hours, at evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays;
- Ability to travel within the region and possible globally with athletes and teams, including overnight stays;
- This role does involve training, supervising, working with and/or being in sole charge of children and young people;
Application and Interview Process
All application resumes must be sent along with a covering letter for the attention of the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach to [email protected] by 12.00pm Friday 8th July 2016. Please include your current or expected salary.
You will only be contacted if you have been selected for an interview. Unsuccessful applications will not be contacted or receive feedback.